Privacy & Cookies Policy
Bedrooms Plus Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bedrooms Plus Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. An unsubscribe link will be included in any emails. Alternatively you can always contact email@example.com and request to be removed from any list.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In common with most websites these days, the M4TEC website uses methods to keep track of information to help you use our site successfully and to help us continue to make our service the best it can be for your needs. We are nice people, like you, aiming to do our best and we always have your interests at heart. However, legislation also requires that we provide you with detailed information of what's what, so please forgive us if the information below looks intimidating. If there's anything you'd particularly like to be reassured about don't hesitate to give us a call and speak to a real human being at the other end of the line.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
By continuing to use our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device. If you wish to disable cookies we have instructions on how to do this below on several of the most popular browsers although by doing this we cannot guarantee a smooth user experience:
|OPTING OUT OF COOKIES IN INTERNET EXPLORER|
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window
2. Click on ‘Internet options’
3. Click the ‘Privacy’ tab
4. Move the slider to choose your settings
|OPTING OUT OF COOKIES IN SAFARI|
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Select ‘Security’
3. Cookie settings are shown
4. Choose your settings
|OPTING OUT OF COOKIES IN MOZILLA FIREFOX|
1. Click on ‘Menu’ then ‘Options’
2. Select ‘Privacy’
3. Select ‘Cookies’
4. Choose your settings
|OPTING OUT OF COOKIES IN GOOGLE CHROME|
1. Click on the ‘Tools’ menu
2. Select ‘Options’
3. Click the ‘Under the Bonnet’ tab
4. Click ‘Content settings’
5. Click the ‘Cookie settings’ tab and choose your settings
Cookies Used on the M4TEC Website:
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use m4tec.com. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on m4tec.com
- how long you spend on each m4tec.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate.|
|__utmt||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate.|
|__utmc||End of browser session||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the
|__utmv||2 years from set/update||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.|
Facebook Tracking Cookies:
|cc_social||Facebook tracking code||On Exit|
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Certain pages within our online store use Google Adwords conversion tracking to monitor adverstising success.